Request a Quote
This pocket-sized, manually-operated scanner allows for quick and easy TOFD inspection of welds of any material. The TOFD Caliper is ideal for inspecting small or difficult to access areas and can be used for welds of any orientation on 3” pipes up to flat plate.
A compact, lightweight, user friendly single axis scanner, the TOFD Caliper is the perfect tool to provide a quick and simple, manual weld inspection. It is very easy to setup with the probe separation being adjusted from a single thumb screw.
The TOFD Caliper operates in any orientation on surfaces from 3” pipe up to flat plate, suitable for inspecting welds on pipework, pressure vessels, storage tanks and structural components.
The TOFD Caliper holds a single pair of transducers with the wedges very easily clipped into the arms. Interchanging a wedge takes seconds. It is compatible with the full range of wedges and TOFD transducers. Wedges can be plastic, brass, or stainless steel and are available at 45°, 60° and 70° as standard.
The TOFD Caliper can operate with any encoded TOFD instrument. It includes a wheel encoder wired to suit the customer’s instrumentation. The TOFD Caliper is often used as the most suitable training tool for TOFD inspectors due to its simplicity, reliability and quick wedge interchange.
- Positionally encoded via spring loaded/friction drive jockey wheel
- Fully adjustable probe centre separation (PCS) from 28mm to 160mm
- Quick release tandem probe attachment via gimbaled holders
- Contact or gap scan operation
- Operates in any orientation and on surface from flat down to 75mm O/D
- 'Plug in and go’ design
- Accurate tracking by virtue of ‘easy steer’ motion
- For use with any manufacturers probes, wedges and instrumentation
- Kit & Accessories
- 2 x CDTOF 05/02 – 5mhz 6mm TOFD Piezo Composite Transducers
- 2 off each angle: 45°, 60° and 70° M12 TOFD wedge set
- Sprung and adjustable encoder with 5M cable terminated for any instrument
- Couplant tube and ‘Y’ connectors
- Durable carrying case
- UT Cables
- Non composite and piezo-composite transducer range