Linear Inspection Tool
A versatile freehand scanning solution for fast, simple and flexible inspections without the constraints of a scanner frame.
The wire encoder is fixed to the part and remains stationary allowing the operator to easily move the probe across the inspection surface.
Typical applications for the Wire Encoder include:
- Pipelines and Vessels – Corrosion mapping, Bond testing on overlapping joints
- Aerospace – In-service C-scans, Bond Inspection, Delamination or defect detection in composites
- Wind Energy – Blade spar, leading and trailing edge bond inspection
Wire Encoders are compatible with the Phoenix C-Clamp which can hold any probe and wedge combination up to 55mm wide and is ideal for use with linear phased array probes for C-scan inspections.
Available with three snap fit mounting options: magnetic, vacuum or clamp. The Wire Encoder can be mounted anywhere close to the inspection site, permitting set up on or near to the component or around obstructions. The mounts can be used to fix the encoder upright, on their side or even inverted.
Wire Encoders can be used on an inspection area of upto 3m from a single position. This enables C-scan inspection in difficult to access areas.
Request to Quote
Send us a request to quote by selecting the options required. A member of our team will get back to you as soon as possible with more information.
Linear Inspection Tool
- 1 x Wire Encoder
- 1 x Encoder Cable (termination as specified)
- Mount: All, Magnetic, Vacuum or Clamp (as specified)
- Protective carry case
- Inspection resolution: 26.6 steps / mm
- 3m retractable wire
- Rugged nylon coated stainless steel wire
- Inspection Speed: Up to 500mm/s in any direction
- Probe width: Up to 55mm
- Inspection Orientation: Any, user defined during calibration
- Mounting orientation: Any – inverted, horizontal, vertical
- Mounting options:
- Magnetic (4” OD to flat on ferritic material)
- Vacuum (22” OD to flat on smooth surface
- Clamp (up to 40mm between parallel surfaces)
- Termination: Any manufacturer’s compatible instrumentation
- Unrestricted freehand scanning around obstructions or overhead
- Quick to set up and inspect upto 3m
- Versatile mounting options allow for use on any inspection surface
- Precise and Repeatable position readings due to no encoder wheel slippage
- Compatible tool for use with any instrument that has encoding capabilities
- Low Cost solution for C-scan inspections