Weld Root Erosion Scanner
A compact frame for accurately positioning transducers for TOFD inspection of welds. Available in two lengths: the WREN 4 is 135mm and the WREN 8 is 235mm. The scanner provides a sturdy, accurate frame giving high quality, reliable inspection data. The WREN operates in any orientation on surfaces from 2″ pipe up to flat and is suitable for inspecting welds on pipework, pressure vessels, storage tanks and structural components.
The WREN holds a single pair of transducers with the wedges attached to the scanner using spring-loaded gimballing pins. The attachment of the wedges allows some compliance between the two TOFD transducers permitting inspection on mismatched or irregular welds.
Phoenix ISL manufacture a range of WREN wedges in brass or high temperature stainless steel with a reduced land, enabling the wedges to sit closer to the weld cap and are ideal for inspections in difficult to access areas and for minimising the transducer separation for specific inspections.
The WREN includes a high resolution, waterproof wheel encoder that can operate with any encoded TOFD instrument.
- Quick release adjustment throughout
- Can be operated using one hand
- Optimal solution for rope access work due to compact size and tool free design
- Ideal for site use in areas with minimal access
- Can inspect mismatched or irregular welds
- Transducer separation can be minimised for specific inspections
- WREN wedges, with a reduced land, sit closer to the weld cap
- For use with any manufacturer’s instrumentation
- 135mm or 235mm long TOFD scanning frame
- WREN 4 PCS: Minimum 18mm / Maximum 122mm
- WREN 8 PCS: Minimum 18mm / Maximum 218mm
- Spring loaded waterproof wheel encoder. IP68 rated (immersion up to 1m)
- Encoder Resolution: 65.6 steps/mm
- WREN scanning frame
- Spring loaded waterproof wheel encoder with 5m cable
- Couplant tube and ‘Y’ connectors
- Durable carry case
Accessories and Options:
- Wide range of piezo-composite, non-composite and mini TOFD Probes with M12 thread
- WRENI 12/– 45°, 60°, 70° Brass WREN Wedges with M12 thread
- WRENSSI HT 12/– 45°, 60°, 70° Stainless Steel High Temperature WREN Wedges with M12 thread
- Range of UT Cables
- PRE-AMP-TOFD 40dB TOFD Pre Amplifier
- AE-WREN4 4” PCS Scanner
- AE-WREN8 8” PCS Scanner
- Please specify your instrument when ordering