Weld Root Erosion Scanner
This hand held, single axis scanner is ideal for TOFD inspection of welds of any material. The WREN can be operated using one hand so is particularly operator-friendly for site use, especially in areas with limited access.
A compact frame for accurately positioning transducers for TOFD inspection of welds, the WREN is available in either 100mm or 200mm lengths. The scanner provides a sturdy, accurate frame giving high quality, reliable inspection data.
The WREN operates in any orientation on surfaces from 3” pipe up to flat plate, suitable for inspecting welds on pipework, pressure vessels, storage tanks and structural components.
The WREN holds a single pair of transducers with the wedges attached to the scanner using spring-loaded gimballing pins.
The attachment of the wedges allows some compliance between the two TOFD transducers permitting inspection on mismatched or irregular welds.
The WREN is compatible with the full range of wedges and TOFD transducers. Wedges can be plastic, brass, or stainless steel and are available at 45°, 60° and 70° as standard. Minimal contact area wedges are also available for inspection in difficult to access areas and for minimising the transducer separation for specific inspections
The WREN can operate with any encoded TOFD instrument. It includes a wheel encoder wired to suit the customer’s instrumentation.
- TOFD scanner for weld root erosion or general TOFD inspection
- 135mm or 235mm long TOFD scanning frame
- Can be operated using one hand
- Spring loaded waterproof wheel encoder. IP68 rated
- Encoder Resolution: 65.6 steps/mm
- WREN 4 PCS: minimum 18mm and maximum 122mm
- WREN 8 PCS: minimum 18mm and maximum 218mm
- Quick release adjustment throughout
- Ideal for site use in areas with minimum access
- 1 x TOFD scanning frame (specify when ordering) –
- AE-WREN-4″ WREN 4 135mm
- AE-WREN-8″ WREN 8 235mm
- 1 x Waterproof wheel encoder with 5m cable terminated for any instrument
- Couplant tubing and ‘Y’ connectors
- 1 x Durable carry case
Accessories and Options:
- Range of TOFD transducers
- WREN wedges or standard TOFD wedges in black plastic, stainless steel or brass
- Contoured wedges available on request
- UT cables
- PRE-AMP-TOFD PreAmplifier (40dB)