Radial nozzle scanner with probe skew
Available in both two-axis and three-axis instrument configurations and adaptable to cover a wide range of 90 degree nozzle sizes, from 3” upwards, on ferritic and austenitic materials.
Attaching to the branch component, the innovative modular design of NozzleScan offers a variety of configurations to encode circumferential and weld offset positions as the scanner travels around the nozzle.
Attaching NozzleScan to the branch pipe can be achieved with either magnetic wheels for a wide range of ferritic pipe sizes, or with fixed size clamping rings for supreme accuracy on any material. Developed to satisfy demand for a solution, NozzleScan offers exceptional versatility to meet the inspection needs of industry.
- Low Profile
- Transducer skew axis can be adjusted, encoded and locked
- Two-axis and three-axis instrument configurations available
- Modules for both set-through and set-on nozzle configurations
- Options for mounting to ferritic and non-ferritic parent material
- Adaptable to a wide range of 90 degree nozzle sizes, from 3” upwards
- Encoders incorporated for semi-automated inspection data recording
- Magnetic wheel mounting module for ferritic nozzles, clamping ring mounting module for non-ferritic
- Adjustable probe skew axis, free-running or by screw adjustment
- Probe skew axis optionally encoded for inspection with suitable three-axis instrumentation
- Obstruction free probe mounting allowing the operator to hold the probe like a conventional inspection
NozzleScan is available to order in a wide range of configurations. Select options from the tables below to create a product code for your specific requirement:
When ordering, please also specify:
- Probe wedge width
- Probe mounting type
- Cable termination
- Automated NozzleScan option available
- AE-CDS Couplant Delivery System
- Phased Array Probes
- Phased Array Wedges